Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vacuum issues
vincenzobudda Offline

vacuum issues
I was wondering if anybody had the same results I am getting in my chevy tracker 2.0? I installed an electrolyzer along with a o2 enhanser, and all seems to be working well, except, the vacuum hose that the electrolyzer is connected to seems to make the car want to stall in the park position, or when low rpms. I tried a different vacuum port (PCV hose), and same thing happened. Seems like the vacuum is too strong, and wants to bog the engine rpms down? Any ideas out there to solve problem? Would be greatly appreciated. I would simply adjust the idle screw a hair to bring up the rpms, but this tracker doent have one.
07-25-2008 10:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: vacuum issues
Welcome to the forums!

I had a slightly similar problem with my car. I noticed that when I build a better generator, the RPMs went back up a little. So I honestly don't know, but I'm assuming build a more efficient generator or add a little more NaOH (or if you're using baking soda, clean out your generator and use NaOH and distilled water, I'm posting like mad about NaOH concentrations right now, just look around).

Anybody else have a more professional solution?

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-25-2008 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vincenzobudda Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Welcome to the forums!

I had a slightly similar problem with my car. I noticed that when I build a better generator, the RPMs went back up a little. So I honestly don't know, but I'm assuming build a more efficient generator or add a little more NaOH (or if you're using baking soda, clean out your generator and use NaOH and distilled water, I'm posting like mad about NaOH concentrations right now, just look around).

Anybody else have a more professional solution?

Right on. Thanks for the info. So you think it might be due to lack of HHO gas created ( to compensate) for vacuum. Intersting. Generator is built to specks...but I will look into converting to lime, instead of Baking soda to create more gas.
07-25-2008 12:56 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

NOO!! Not lime, LIME BADD!!! Use NaOH only (or KOH). But be sure to add a bubbler and a water catch reservoir if you don't already have one. Do a shade of research, I've got plenty of posts out there for NaOH.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-25-2008 12:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rnotme Offline

vincenzobudda Wrote:I was wondering if anybody had the same results I am getting in my chevy tracker 2.0? I installed an electrolyzer along with a o2 enhanser, and all seems to be working well, except, the vacuum hose that the electrolyzer is connected to seems to make the car want to stall in the park position, or when low rpms. I tried a different vacuum port (PCV hose), and same thing happened. Seems like the vacuum is too strong, and wants to bog the engine rpms down? Any ideas out there to solve problem? Would be greatly appreciated. I would simply adjust the idle screw a hair to bring up the rpms, but this tracker doent have one.

There is a way to regulate how much Vacuum any give port will be able to pull by using Flow control valves. They restrict the volume in one direction only.

You can find them on http://www.mcmaster.com.

They have relatively cheap plastic ones to very expensive SS ones.
07-25-2008 01:16 PM
vincenzobudda Offline

Cool, Thanks for tips. I will look into both suggestions, and do some homework. Happy mileage!
07-25-2008 01:28 PM
tesla Offline

[singing] Put de lime in da coconut...but leave it out of your gener-ray-tor

...same thing we do every night Pinky, plan to take over the world!
07-25-2008 05:22 PM