Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
viewing effect on injectors
jared Offline

viewing effect on injectors
I have been figuring out mileage increase on my truck that has been released by my EFIE unit. With the added offset of 390 millivolts to ECU I have experienced a 25% increase in MPG. Do you think I would see two different readings with and without EFIE at same speed/rpm/conditions with an injector gauge. I understand that injectors spray more liquid gasoline (not to be confused with gas vapors) the more the throttle is opened, so the gauge will of course vary. Would this be a good way to get an idea what is hapening with EFIE and injectors?
09-27-2007 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: viewing effect on injectors
By injector gauge, I'm taking that to mean a pressure gauge, for monitoring the pressure of the fuel to the injectors, yes? Anyway, that's the only way I know of to monitor what's happening at the injectors.

For monitoring the oxygen sensor's output, we offer the Oxygen Sensor Display here. I'm sorry that we don't have a picture up, I'm trying out some new case designs, but by next week should have a photo and a little video clip of one in operation. Also, you can get a kit to build a device that will give a digital readout of the voltage twice per second or so, and it also has a 10 LED bar graph like ours does. That kit can be found here

If you had the EFIE in the passenger compartment you could turn it on and off while watching the pressure gauge, and you should be able to see the effects there. I've never tried this, so cannot say so with authority. the changes may be to subtle to observe with the eye, and may require recording of the data and computer/graph analysis to see what's happening.

Does this answer your question?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-27-2007 10:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply