Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
voltage adder
franka Offline

voltage adder
i hooked up a voltage adder to my ford ranger i get a voltage reading of .2 to .9 reading till i hook up the voltage adder then i don't get any reading why is this can any one tell me why franka
04-18-2009 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: voltage adder
It's difficult to troubleshoot your "voltage adder" when you give no information about it.

Is it an efie designed to work with a narrow band o2?

Are you cutting the o2 wire and installing it in series?

You might want to read "Digital Narrow Band Installation Instructions" in my documents link for info how to install an efie.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-18-2009 02:37 PM
franka Offline

(04-18-2009 02:37 PM)colchiro Wrote:  It's difficult to troubleshoot your "voltage adder" when you give no information about it.

Is it an efie designed to work with a narrow band o2?

Are you cutting the o2 wire and installing it in series?

You might want to read "Digital Narrow Band Installation Instructions" in my documents link for info how to install an efie.

the voltage adder is a 1.5 battery run through a vltage controler i tied a wire to the out put side beyod the controler then to the signel wire
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2009 05:05 PM by franka.)
04-18-2009 04:57 PM
colchiro Offline

Ok, aka "the poor man's efie", I've seen it.

Post your circuit.

Did you cut your o2 wire? The "adder" has to go between the wires.

o2 sensor ---------- adder circuit (+) ------------- ecu

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-19-2009 05:48 AM
franka Offline

(04-19-2009 05:48 AM)colchiro Wrote:  Ok, aka "the poor man's efie", I've seen it.

Post your circuit.

Did you cut your o2 wire? The "adder" has to go between the wires.

o2 sensor ---------- adder circuit (+) ------------- ecu

no did not i just spliced in to it how do i hook it up i have 50k pot one side is the battery the other is ground that only leaves 1post or is there something i am doing wrong
04-19-2009 12:38 PM
colchiro Offline

Well, you can use this video: http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com...EHJ9te7gvk

or any one of these might tell you something too: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=poo...n&aq=f&oq=

It's possible your circuit doesn't use the same resistor values. Assuming it's similar, just hook it up in a similar fashion.

Rick

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2009 03:36 PM by colchiro.)
04-19-2009 03:35 PM
mike Offline

Yes, I saw that video, and that schematic should work. Just realize that in the schematic he shows 2 wires going between the sensor and the ECU. One of the wires he cuts and inserts the voltage adder into. The other wire is left alone. The wire that is left alone is the signal ground wire. The wire that is cut into is the signal wire.

You can use our EFIE Installation Instructions with profit. Use them to find the sensor signal wire. Cut that wire and insert your "poor man's EFIE" in series, the same as you would an EFIE. Make sure the positive side of the circuit is pointed in the direction of the computer.

That circuit should work fine for you with the following provisos: 1) the battery will put out less voltage as it drains its juice. and 2) It will be temperature sensitive because the battery will put out different voltages at different temperatures.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-20-2009 07:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply