Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
vw engine 1.4 16v
melo1 Offline

vw engine 1.4 16v
hi.i have hho gas production 1lpm. when i connect my hho in my engine vw 1,4 16 valve-europe,i dont see some change.not more power not save.maybee i need efie.i have two O2 sensor one before cat. and one after cat.but im not sure if my O2 sensor before cat wide is. but i think that yes: 5 wires- blue:14.2V
black:3,87
yellow:break up:6,4-6,8v
grey:4,32V
white:break up:3,5-4,1
i need help and advice

thanks
06-26-2009 04:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlexR Offline

RE: vw engine 1.4 16v
(06-26-2009 04:23 AM)melo1 Wrote:  hi.i have hho gas production 1lpm. when i connect my hho in my engine vw 1,4 16 valve-europe,i dont see some change.not more power not save.maybee i need efie.i have two O2 sensor one before cat. and one after cat.but im not sure if my O2 sensor before cat wide is. but i think that yes: 5 wires- blue:14.2V
black:3,87
yellow:break up:6,4-6,8v
grey:4,32V
white:break up:3,5-4,1
i need help and advice

thanks

You do need an EFIE!!

What year/make/model VW?

5 wire sounds like a wide-band. Ask your service shop and they will tell you what kind of sensor you have.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
06-26-2009 05:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
melo1 Offline

volkswagen golf 1.4l 16V.year 2004.yes 5 wire and then one connector is and from this connector prevents 6 wire onward-strange.
06-26-2009 06:26 AM
mike Offline

First of all, if this is a diesel, you don't need an EFIE. But if it burns regular gasoline, then you do. I tried looking up your sensor, but my database didn't give me any information on your vehicle. However, if you look at the instructions for installing our Wide Band EFIE, you'll see the general instructions for finding your signal wire. You can ignore the blue, yellow and white wire (based on the voltages you reported). I think it's the gray wire, but the voltages sound a little funny. I'd like you to measure them again, and follow the instructions. But its probably the gray wire.

Even if you don't get a mileage increase, you should definitely get a noticeable boost in horsepower. So I have doubts that you are getting good HHO production into your engine. How did you measure the 1 LPM? You definitely should suspect a problem with your HHO before trying to handle the electronics.

You might want to use my HHO System Debug Checklist to find general problems.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-26-2009 08:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
melo1 Offline

this is petrol engine.my gas production measure i like that:i fill up bottle with water.the bottles immerse i in waters and rotate up side down.then i insert in bottles gas tube.then i measure time-1min.water quantity,which embossed during 1 min is,this is gas produktion.
mike have you information about other vw?i think,that near vw(year 2004 up) is this like.try to find other vw please.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2009 10:10 AM by melo1.)
06-26-2009 10:02 AM
mike Offline

When I look up your vehicle, there is no 1.4L engine listed. The closest is 1.9L. When I look that up, it's a 4 wire narrow band sensor. Not the 5 wire sensor you describe. So, the US versions are probably just different. Note, that the diagrams I wouldn't help us anyway, as it only shows that there are 4 wires, but doesn't tell which wire is which.

However, if you want to treat that sensor, you'll need to use our directions to isolate the correct wire. The directions will tell you how to do it without a wiring daigram: Wide Band EFIE Installation Instructions.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-26-2009 01:29 PM
melo1 Offline

1,9?but this must be diesel.i have O2 sensor with 4 wire but after cat.before cat is 5 wire.in europe are petrol engine:1.4,1.6,1.8,2.0L.are not too big as in USA.but i don´t see why i have not more horsepower.always when i apply fire toward gas from my hho occurs explosion.but in engine it hasn´t effect.i don´t see and i am worry.:-(
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2009 08:28 AM by melo1.)
06-27-2009 05:32 AM
AlexR Offline

Mike,

I don't know what kind of vehicle database you have, but I believe melo1's vehicle is a European model. It may not be listed.

A side note is that many European models of vehicles get better mileage than their US counterparts - interesting!

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
06-27-2009 03:54 PM
melo1 Offline

yes of course.i have european model i living in europe(slovakia).hho generator and hho products is novelty here.but....i have not results so far.but i must find the reason.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2009 01:13 AM by melo1.)
06-28-2009 12:29 AM
mike Offline

Getting results with HHO is very simple. There are 2 steps:

1) Get HHO produced and into the engine.

2) Handle the electronics to allow for the improved combustion.

I suspect you have something to handle on both steps. If you had good gas production, you should have noticed a horsepower increase before you install an EFIE. If you didn't get the increase, then you must not have enough HHO, or perhaps your system leaks and the HHO is not getting into the intake air stream. This must be debugged.

Then, unless you have a FuelSaver-MPG Wide Band EFIE, I don't think you are correctly handling your wide band oxygen sensor. As far as I know, there are no other wide band oxygen sensor EFIEs made. There are a few advertised as wide band EFIEs, but they are actually narrow band type EFIEs, and are not effective on wide bands. It may be that someone has since come out with one, but I haven't seen it yet.

The bottom line is that if you aren't getting results, 1 or 2 above is out. You only need to find out what the bug is and correct it. We have made a checklist to help you. See HHO System Debug Checklist.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-29-2009 08:24 AM