Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
water4gas question
clickhere255 Offline

Question water4gas question
i just got a pack of 3 water4gas style electrolyzers from ebay.
i noticed that there is the line going from the unit into the intake, but there is another line also. normally in videos, see it going to a T and something about fuel injectors? or the pcv valve or something?
im just confused about the second hose and what its purpose is.
thanks

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
11-12-2008 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: water4gas question
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to help you with anything, but here are a few suggestions to get you started on the RIGHT track.

1. Put your generators (aka. gens) up for sale on ebay. The water4gas (aka. w4g) design is time consuming and very inefficient for the price. Tons of members here will rag on you for that.

2. I bet you $5 you're using baking soda and not sodium hydroxide (NaOH) or potassium hydroxide (KOH). That's not good AT ALL for generators, and I highly recommend you switch over to NaOH or KOH (I use NaOH myself). You can find out more about that with a simple forum search.

3. Post on the correct forum section for support. I understand that you are new, so don't worry, it happens to all of us (even myself sometimes). There's a section on here called "Hydrogen/Brown's Gas Systems" located HERE. Many people post on this section and check it daily for questions to assist others on. The "General Support" section is kind of slow, meaning not many people look here for advice or questions to help others solve.

4. DON'T GIVE UP ON HHO!! NOT EVER!!! Just because some of us are getting 89mpg highway (or 70mpg hehe!) doesn't mean you can't (depending on car). I know that I was 99.999% ready to give up on HHO altogether when I finally found some breakthrough design flaw with my gen that someone was able to point out to me. I fixed it and voila! HUGE mileage savings!!

5. You WILL spend a lot of time on this forum if you are truly devoted to saving gas. Think I'm kidding? Ask others how much time they spend, it becomes a habit or addiction lol!

6. Last but not least, you may HAVE to can an idea and start fresh. This is most likely the case for you because you're using a W4G setup. It's a huge waste of time and research because they will never be as efficient as one smack booster build. Take it from the man who had to can MANY ideas and theories. I have scrap stainless laying all over the house now because of bad design builds that would never prove to be efficient. The last thing I want to see is someone wasting hundreds of dollars and hours of research on a design that would NEVER prove to be inefficient. That's why I help people on here, so the get it right the first time.

Have a great day and again, welcome to the forums! I hope you learn a lot here, build some crazy good gens, and save a lot of gas!! Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-14-2008 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clickhere255 Offline

hey thanks alot for the support
and i understand how dry cells like smack boosters are wayyy better, but i just dont understand how dry cells work
sooo maybe an overview of that?
and they're more complicated to build right?
thanks again

Got my BB smack!
11-15-2008 08:01 PM
clickhere255 Offline

and yeah i tried baking soda in a test.
just wires and water and the gen, not in the car just to see if it works.
but i plan on using either NaOH or KOH
just need to find the best place to find it.
i heard something about drain cleaner?

Got my BB smack!
11-15-2008 08:17 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

The drain cleaner for NaOH is called Roebic Crystal Drain Opener. It's apparently not sold at Lowes anymore as of a week ago (something about cost to make was too high or something?) but it might be on sale if your Lowes bought a whole bunch and needs to sell it ASAP! So be sure to check it out or you'll be sad because you'll have to buy it online *dun dun dduuunnnnn* SHIPPING COSTS NOOOOO!!!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-16-2008 06:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ipz2222 Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:The drain cleaner for NaOH is called Roebic Crystal Drain Opener. It's apparently not sold at Lowes anymore as of a week ago (something about cost to make was too high or something?) but it might be on sale if your Lowes bought a whole bunch and needs to sell it ASAP! So be sure to check it out or you'll be sad because you'll have to buy it online *dun dun dduuunnnnn* SHIPPING COSTS NOOOOO!!!

Click, spend about 40 hours of reading this forum and others before you get started. It will SAVE you.
The water4gas is junk except for the plate design. I converted mine to a smacks design. Read enough and you'll see his stuff.
The roebic is being removed from Lowes. I found a half gallon of drain cleaner, sodium hydroxide and potassiom hydroxide in the same bottle at tractor supply co. It's black and enclosed is a plastic bag. I'm sure it will be removed before long.
RD, what formula do you use, how much of what in how much water,? What amps? How long does it last. What cell design?
11-16-2008 03:26 PM
clickhere255 Offline

isnt the smacks design a dry cell?
and yeah ive been on here for a while.
i just dont know how smacks works i guess cuz i dont know how dry cells work.
how much are they?
and how do they produce hho w/o having any water there?

Got my BB smack!
11-16-2008 09:06 PM
ipz2222 Offline

What i meant by smacks design is the plate arrangement. -nnn+nnn- with the 2 outside - connected together. I built the rest of the unit from 3" pvc.
If you have room, tractor supply co has a water filter houseing for only 17$. The bottom houseing is clear and screws up into the top houseing and seals with an o ring. It's too big for my explorer but will fit in my wife's expedition.
I think that dry cells mean the cell is not sitting in a bath of water but haveing water pumped thru it from another container. Much more complecated and much more room needed.
11-17-2008 03:42 PM
rayetom Offline

hey a dry cell is saturated full generally with a reservoir bubbler arrangement above. The circulation occurs without pumping through natural convection. The flow really helps keep temperature down in gen and keeps electrolyte in gen to.Two tubes complete the circuit to and from gen to a reservoir bubbler. The gas delivery come off the top of the gen to bottom of reservoir tank and the make up water feeds the bottom of the gen. Dry refers to the connections to the plates from the feed circuit are made outside of the bath and are not wet like two leads in a bath of multiple plates. A thin gaskets keep plate tolerances and gen seal.Smile

ipz2222 Wrote:What i meant by smacks design is the plate arrangement. -nnn+nnn- with the 2 outside - connected together. I built the rest of the unit from 3" pvc.
If you have room, tractor supply co has a water filter houseing for only 17$. The bottom houseing is clear and screws up into the top houseing and seals with an o ring. It's too big for my explorer but will fit in my wife's expedition.
I think that dry cells mean the cell is not sitting in a bath of water but haveing water pumped thru it from another container. Much more complecated and much more room needed.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2008 04:25 PM by rayetom.)
11-17-2008 04:21 PM
Gas4Free Offline

To answer your original question clickhere255, is that it the vacuum tube is "t"ed to the air intake before and after the throttle body or butterfly valve. Who here would like to know why Water4gas works and why you shouldn't use it?
12-02-2008 11:38 PM