Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
weird codes
Jeep Girl Offline

weird codes
I am back now that deer (rifle) season is over and I finally have my transmission fixed and my front O2 sensors replaced after the wiring got all messed up. Bruce sent me the wiring plans so I could hook my EFIEs into the powertrain module wires. I did that today, wiring one EFIE to the dark blue/pink wire, and the other to the dark blue/light blue wire. I had checked the voltages first just to make sure I had the right ones. I now have my EFIEs set at 225 mv but I am getting P2096 and P2098 codes which should be Post Catalyst Fuel Trim Banks 1 & 2 Too Lean. Why am I getting these codes instead of P2196 and P2198 for O2 Sensor Stuck Lean, Banks 1/1 & 2/1? I should mention that the OBD II pocket scan gauge look-up code numbers only seem to be listed on the CD through 2003, and my Jeep is a 2005. I can't imagine they would have changed the codes though.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2008 11:17 AM by Jeep Girl.)
12-04-2008 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: weird codes
Write to support@fuelsaver-mpg.com and ask for your wiring diagram. Cross check what you have to the one that Bruce will send you. Maybe you have the wrong wires.

You should also ask him to check to see if the ECU is using the downstream sensors as part of the fuel calcs. We're finding this more often lately. If the downstream sensors are being used, then they might be looking too lean after adding voltage to the upstream sensors.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-04-2008 02:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abe Offline

If you know how to use a Multimeter you can back probe the wire you cut back to the O2 sensor to make sure you got the right wire.

with the key off ofcourse.
12-04-2008 02:49 PM
stl_hemi Offline

It uses the down stream aswell. Same as the rest of the DCX line up. The codes jeep girl has are the same ones I got with the efie up front only. You need to buy a dual setup for the rear aswell. The same 2.5volt setup

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
12-04-2008 03:33 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:It uses the down stream aswell. Same as the rest of the DCX line up. The codes jeep girl has are the same ones I got with the efie up front only. You need to buy a dual setup for the rear aswell. The same 2.5volt setup

Thanks Paul. Can you tell me how much your mpg improved after you installed the second set of EFIEs?
Jeep Girl
12-05-2008 11:19 AM
stl_hemi Offline

Smile Well it doesn't sound like much I'm sure. But before HHO I was getting 13mpg on winter fuel and right now with hho and front and rear efie's I'm doing 18-20mpg depending on how nasty the weather is. With the front's only I was 17-18mpg.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-05-2008 12:11 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:Smile Well it doesn't sound like much I'm sure. But before HHO I was getting 13mpg on winter fuel and right now with hho and front and rear efie's I'm doing 18-20mpg depending on how nasty the weather is. With the front's only I was 17-18mpg.

That is about 30-40% improvement over no HHO. Nice Job!
Jeep Girl
12-05-2008 02:09 PM
abe Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:
stl_hemi Wrote:Smile Well it doesn't sound like much I'm sure. But before HHO I was getting 13mpg on winter fuel and right now with hho and front and rear efie's I'm doing 18-20mpg depending on how nasty the weather is. With the front's only I was 17-18mpg.

That is about 30-40% improvement over no HHO. Nice Job!
Jeep Girl

Your Jeep cant be that much different than mine ,or can it. Mine ia a 2000 ? Clear your Code and try setting your your EFIE around 300 and see if it doesn't run better. If it doesn't you only lost time.
12-05-2008 04:15 PM
stl_hemi Offline

The Liberty is on the new DCX ECM setup. If the rears don't see the mv's that the front's are seeing the rears will set code's. You have to add a efie to the rears aswell. The rear's also play a role in a/f. The rear's are no longer just monitoring the cat's like before.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-05-2008 05:22 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:The Liberty is on the new DCX ECM setup. If the rears don't see the mv's that the front's are seeing the rears will set code's. You have to add a efie to the rears aswell. The rear's also play a role in a/f. The rear's are no longer just monitoring the cat's like before.

Thanks Paul. I ordered another set of EFIEs from Eagle tonight. I will check back in after they arrive & I install them. By the way, I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 3.7 L engine, but it is probably about the same as the Liberty.
Jeep Girl
12-06-2008 05:06 PM