Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
weird codes
stl_hemi Offline

RE: weird codes
Opp's my bad. Thought it was a Liberty. The 3.7l v6 is on the new ecm platform though. My brother has this in his Dakota.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2008 05:37 PM by stl_hemi.)
12-06-2008 05:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jeep Girl Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:Opp's my bad. Thought it was a Liberty. The 3.7l v6 is on the new ecm platform though. My brother has this in his Dakota.

What mv do you have your EFIEs set at? I am at 300 mv with no mileage improvement, although some of that may be from not having the rear set installed yet.
12-07-2008 03:07 PM
stl_hemi Offline

I would back it down big time. I started out at 100mv. And Right now I have bank1 (drivers side) at 175 and bank 2 (passenger side) at 185. What ever you have the front's set to set the rears to.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-07-2008 03:25 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:I would back it down big time. I started out at 100mv. And Right now I have bank1 (drivers side) at 175 and bank 2 (passenger side) at 185. What ever you have the front's set to set the rears to.

Just out of curiosity, why is one bank different from the other? Shouldn't they both be set the same?
12-09-2008 01:51 PM
mike Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:Thanks Paul. I ordered another set of EFIEs from Eagle tonight. I will check back in after they arrive & I install them. By the way, I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 3.7 L engine, but it is probably about the same as the Liberty.
Jeep Girl

You can fill out a Sensor Request Form and ask Bruce to look up whether your vehicle is using the down stream sensors. In the comments box, just tell him you suspect they are being used, and he'll check that out. If you still need a wiring diagram ask for that too.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-09-2008 02:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stl_hemi Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:
stl_hemi Wrote:I would back it down big time. I started out at 100mv. And Right now I have bank1 (drivers side) at 175 and bank 2 (passenger side) at 185. What ever you have the front's set to set the rears to.

Just out of curiosity, why is one bank different from the other? Shouldn't they both be set the same?

Because I am monitoring my Long Term Fuel trim %. And bank 2 is always higher. No idea why. It's like .9% more so I uped the MV's on that side.
I have a Interceptor Scangauge setup on my steering colum that has 2 gauges on it.

It's hard to explain all the gauges inside the truck. Their are alot. Smile
Mike is right. Email Bruce. I'm pretty sure (99%) you are on the new ecm platform with the new GC platform. They have the same engine's as the rest of the DCX line-up. 3.7L, 5.7L and 6.1L. The CRD though I'm not sure of. Oil burner's are in my future. I still wish I would have kept the order on the 5.9L CTD back in 05 instead of this Hemi somtimes.

Paul

Trucks forsale
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2008 05:40 PM by stl_hemi.)
12-09-2008 03:52 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

I now have the rear O2 efies installed and have slowly worked the mvs on all 4 efies up to 250 mv. I found if I adjusted them about 25 mv at a time and drove the car for 4 or 5 short (1/2 hr.) trips the cel would stop coming on, then I would adjust up some more, so I assume the computer was getting used to the changes. I am not getting any better milage though. I went down from 18 to 16 as soon as I put the rear efies on, and mpg is not improving. It does look like I may not be getting as much gas of the hydrolyzer though. It has been really cold (0-15 degrees F) a lot lately. I did add propanol to my electrolyte sol'n, so I don't think the box froze. The car is kept in a garage overnight so is usually 10 degrees warmer than the ambient temp. Any suggestions??
Jeep Girl
12-19-2008 10:30 AM
mike Offline

Hmmmm. Well the EFIE's really aren't expected to improve mileage on their own. So if your gas production is down, then that must be debugged. If you're comparing your mileage to when it was warmer, of course, that will skew the results.

As the rear efies are raised higher, you should be able to raise the front efies as well. This may be your next step (after getting gas production debugged).

If you get your gas debugged, and the efie adjustments above don't resolve your mileage issue, then you'll want to turn to Tuning For Mileage and execute handlings for your MAP and temp sensors. Just make sure you have tried everything on previous steps so you don't miss an obvious bug, like no gas, leaking gas, or efies installed to incorrect wires, etc. These further tuning steps, of course, will not correct errors of this type. But if everything previous is correct, these steps should crack any tough case.

One last point: I'm assuming you're measuring mileage by the miles driven/gallons of gas. Scan gauges are pretty notoriously incorrect when you start modding oxy sensor data and adding hydroxy.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-19-2008 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

This was hinted at by Mike, but winter gasoline and winter temps can easily reduce your mileage by several mpg.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-19-2008 03:22 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

colchiro Wrote:This was hinted at by Mike, but winter gasoline and winter temps can easily reduce your mileage by several mpg.
My milage dropped as soon as I installed the rear O2 sensor efies. It had been cold for a couple of weeks before that.
Jeep Girl
12-19-2008 04:44 PM