Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
weird codes
colchiro Offline

RE: weird codes
The problem with front and rear efies is you have twice as many controls that need tweaking. You could try turning down the rears or turning up the fronts or turning them all down. So far this is relatively new territory with no hard, fast rules.

What's working for the rest of you guys with F/R efies?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-19-2008 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stl_hemi Offline

Too be honest I'm having to demo my tero's and drop in a new design I've had on the bench playing with. The 10-30 degree days we've been having the past few weeks have toosed my milage into the toilet. Can't get enough heat in the tero's to make over 25 amps.

Front and rear need to line up. Or been within 25mv. Odd's are your not making enough hydroxy. My big pig needs 5-6lpm to make really good mpg.
I suspect you need to be 3-4lpm on the GC. It's gotta be 4500-5000lbs. I'm not over 200mv either. With the lack of hydroxy from the cold my wideband readings have forced me to pull back my mv's to 150mv. Once the new setup goes in Sunday in the lovely 5 degrees were suppossed to have I hope like heck to see alot better mpg.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2008 08:41 PM by stl_hemi.)
12-19-2008 08:36 PM
colchiro Offline

Paul, I was wondering how many LPM her cell was producing too.

Yup, the weather sucks this winter. We're starting blizzard #2 right now. Had 11 inches last Sunday and now starting to snow again. Supposed to get 7 inches this time. ho ho ho.

Jeep Girl, have you checked your cell's output? Any idea how many amps you're running?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-19-2008 09:38 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

colchiro Wrote:Paul, I was wondering how many LPM her cell was producing too.

Yup, the weather sucks this winter. We're starting blizzard #2 right now. Had 11 inches last Sunday and now starting to snow again. Supposed to get 7 inches this time. ho ho ho.

Jeep Girl, have you checked your cell's output? Any idea how many amps you're running?
I haven't got a clue on either one of those. I have a MagDrive cell. I have been looking for directions on how to check the amps, but haven't found any yet. Also, how do you measure the hydroxy output? Confused
12-20-2008 07:48 AM
colchiro Offline

Here's how to measure your output: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=2209

Here's just one of the many threads you'd find if you searched for ammeter: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=2383

An ammeter just installs inline with the wire going to your cell.

Without knowing these two items, you have no idea how you're doing. It's like driving without a speedometer.

Rick

12-20-2008 08:07 AM
stl_hemi Offline

Since it's a SUV I'd bet you have around a 138amp alternator. My wife's xover Caliber has a 120amp alt.So you GC should be able to hold 20-30 amp pull.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-20-2008 10:53 AM
Jeep Girl Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:Since it's a SUV I'd bet you have around a 138amp alternator. My wife's xover Caliber has a 120amp alt.So you GC should be able to hold 20-30 amp pull.
My multimeter blew a fuse trying to measure the amps across my cell, so I can't tell you yet what it is pulling. It starts on a 25 amp fuse and has an inline 30 amp fuse which are fine, even after the multimeter blew. I checked the unit for gas after running a bunch of errands today, and saw no bubbles coming up the line. It has been colder than you know what for the last few days, so I am sure that isn't helping. After Christmas I will work on it some more and get back to you then.
Have a great holiday week!
Jeep Girl Smile
12-23-2008 04:10 PM
colchiro Offline

You can't measure 20+ amps on most hand multimeters. Most are rated for just a couple amps.

It's possible your cell has frozen (or worse).Shocked

If your temps are approaching or below zero (like here), that cell belongs on the bench until you have a winter electrolyte.

Rick

12-23-2008 04:37 PM
stl_hemi Offline

I've never seen the insides of a magdrive but when my drycells freeze and the epdm gaskets start to leak.
Did it one time a month or so ago before I did the atv heaters. And I'm waiting on a new gasket design from hygear.

If your not making any hydroxy you need to turn off the efie. And pull the magdrive to see what's up.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-23-2008 05:56 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

colchiro Wrote:You can't measure 20+ amps on most hand multimeters. Most are rated for just a couple amps.

It's possible your cell has frozen (or worse).Shocked

If your temps are approaching or below zero (like here), that cell belongs on the bench until you have a winter electrolyte.
I'm running 50% distilled white vinegar, 25% Di H20, & 25% Propanol as an antifreeze. I thought that should do it, although the spare fluid jug in the garage is a bit slushy. If the cell needs to be thawed, will it work again then, or will it need a rebuild?
Jeep Girl
12-23-2008 06:02 PM