Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what to do with an Airflow Meter
winkle Offline

what to do with an Airflow Meter
Hi guys'
finished smack's hho unit and fitted to my car <Peugeot partner 2000 hdi 05> working well, I used door finger plates 12" long cut them in 1/2 and fitted in a 6" soil pipe and 2 end caps 304 type..
now on this car there is only an airflow meter fitted to the air filter that's what the manuel calls it>there is no so called o2 sensor's anyone had anything to with this unit??
it has 5 wire on it
engine hot and running
1. brown 2.45v
2. white 12.v
3. yellow earth
4. puple 2.30v going up to 4.5 or 5v
5. gray earth
..so anyone no what to do on this. i dont think an efie will work on this???
any help out there Sad
cheers winkle
06-20-2008 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: what to do with an Airflow Meter
I assume those wires go to a device that screws into your exhaust pipe? If so, you have a 5-wire wide band oxygen sensor there. I have been told that an EFIE will work on these, but I don't have first hand knowledge of this. I have yet to talk to someone who has done this successfully.

You definitely have some options though. Read Tuning For Mileage.

I would do the handlings described for the MAF, IAT and CTS sensors. You'll go a long way with these.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-20-2008 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
winkle Offline

mike Wrote:I assume those wires go to a device that screws into your exhaust pipe? If so, you have a 5-wire wide band oxygen sensor there. I have been told that an EFIE will work on these, but I don't have first hand knowledge of this. I have yet to talk to someone who has done this successfully.

You definitely have some options though. Read Tuning For Mileage.

I would do the handlings described for the MAF, IAT and CTS sensors. You'll go a long way with these.
Hi mike
many thanks for the reply
I assume those wires go to a device that screws into your exhaust pipe?.... no the only sensor is the one on the air fillter,there is no others sensors on this car, so do you think it is a wideband?also will check out the rest of the info cheers
06-20-2008 09:02 AM
mike Offline

If it's on the air filter it definitely isn't an oxygen sensor or any kind. Oxygen sensors are on the exhaust pipe only.

You only need an EFIE for oxygen sensors.

If I were you, I'd get some good documentation on your vehicle so you can identify what your sensor(s) are, and then you can go from there. If your car is fuel injected, then it'll have an oxygen sensor.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-20-2008 06:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Mike, it's a MAF. Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-20-2008 09:33 PM