Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what to due 1st map or maf
Mrbluemoose Offline

what to due 1st map or maf
I have done my efie as on link below. I did not get any more miles but lost 2 miles per.gal. the front o2s are at 100mv now and downstream o2s are at 150 mv .I did get your map/maf device try to do map on intake but get error masg. from computer. I do have a maf right after air intake but don't want to keep cutting wires CrazyCrazy will this device help anything if i put it in . I had it hook to map the green light lit up on the digital hookup like install page said but truck would jerk around when i would adjust just a little . did the switch as stated end up taking it out if u can help mike thanks 2009 Silverado 2500 hd 4x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJEEIGNl-0
05-11-2011 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: what to due 1st map or maf
I only had to watch the first 10 seconds of the video. Once I saw the EFIE I knew something was wrong with the installation. The green LEDs are not blinking. That means that you probably have the EFIE connected to the wrong wire. There is also the possibility that you have connected it to a Dodge/Chrysler engine with higher voltage, but didn't change the Dodge switch on the EFIE. Did you use the installation instructions? You can find them here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieIns...gital.html

Anyway, your first target is to debug the installation to the point where the green LEDs are blinking when the engine is running.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-14-2011 07:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mrbluemoose Offline

(05-14-2011 07:42 AM)mike Wrote:  I only had to watch the first 10 seconds of the video. Once I saw the EFIE I knew something was wrong with the installation. The green LEDs are not blinking. That means that you probably have the EFIE connected to the wrong wire. There is also the possibility that you have connected it to a Dodge/Chrysler engine with higher voltage, but didn't change the Dodge switch on the EFIE. Did you use the installation instructions? You can find them here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieIns...gital.html

Anyway, your first target is to debug the installation to the point where the green LEDs are blinking when the engine is running.

Hello, Mike

I am glad you watch my video, but the video didn't pickup the lights. The lights do flash look at 3:33 into the video. I have a 2009 Silverado HD truck with a Vortec 6.0 L Engine. I do have the wire diagrams for this truck and I have check each o2's with a toner. I know the wires are hooked up right and can almost stall engine when I tune efie . I also have read the installation instructions. The Truck is not a Dodge/Chrysler so the switch is set right. I also think how video is shot you could not see the lights , check 3:33 into the video where I got the above shot it shows the lights going. I like to know if I'm making more HHO then I need for the efie to over come from. I have set front o2s to 100 mv and back set 150 mv., but what I like to know if the Maf sensor by Air filter or Map on air take manifold will need to be done. The Map is a digital map as tested as you said in map/maf instructions.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011 02:44 PM by Mrbluemoose.)
05-15-2011 02:36 PM
Mrbluemoose Offline

Hello,
I have read and have the EFIE hooked up right .I have the green Lights flashing. I also tone O2's single wire as Found in wire diagram from my truck. I use meter and have right wire from the meter . I have front O2's Set to 200 mv know with backs at 300 mv. I like to know if the setting of front at 200 mv is the set line instead of .45 mv so above .200 mv is rich and below is lean is this right. again thanks for the help
05-20-2011 05:58 PM
Mrbluemoose Offline

hello,

If anyone ever gets on to help me Big GrinBig Grin here is the lights working on efie
http://youtu.be/BnoOou6e-V0
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2011 05:05 PM by Mrbluemoose.)
05-21-2011 04:58 PM
mike Offline

Sorry to be so late in answering. We've been awfully busy lately.

Yes, I see that the lights are working, and that shows that the upstream sensors were connected properly to the EFIE. I'm going to assume you also got the downstream ones connected properly too.

The downstream EFIEs at 300 mv might be too much. Back that off to 200 mv, at least until you start getting some good results.

As for the front (digital) EFIEs, I don't understand your question. But 450 mv is no change. To make the mix lean you turn the pot clockwise, and as you lower the mv, the mix will get leaner. However, if you go too far, the computer will reject the adjustment and it will get rich again. You should probably start at about 300 mv and see what mileage you get. Then adjust down from there.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-25-2011 08:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mrbluemoose Offline

(05-25-2011 08:34 AM)mike Wrote:  Sorry to be so late in answering. We've been awfully busy lately.

Yes, I see that the lights are working, and that shows that the upstream sensors were connected properly to the EFIE. I'm going to assume you also got the downstream ones connected properly too.

The downstream EFIEs at 300 mv might be too much. Back that off to 200 mv, at least until you start getting some good results.

As for the front (digital) EFIEs, I don't understand your question. But 450 mv is no change. To make the mix lean you turn the pot clockwise, and as you lower the mv, the mix will get leaner. However, if you go too far, the computer will reject the adjustment and it will get rich again. You should probably start at about 300 mv and see what mileage you get. Then adjust down from there.
I would like to say thank you mike for your help,being new to this help is what people need . I remove MAF Device and truck mph is back not giving the bad read. I will try the setting you have stated .
05-25-2011 06:13 PM