Poll: Which HHO cell/chamber to be built?
one from the video linked to youtube with demonstration
s10's big one with larger plates and tank
Smack's Booster with small chamber and smaller plates with acclaimed procuctivity
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
which hho to build?
basketthis69 Offline

which hho to build?
I have found a few different designs on how to build this hydroxide gas producing capsule/cell to install into a vehicle. Anyone have any feedback on which one is most efficient? Which one is most reliable? What temperatures to run them at? And where to mount this damn thing? Trunk or Hood?

Please vote and post a response for discussion.

I'm going to post the one's that I have found:
this one on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qzYuYpPF6Y (claims to be very efficient, if you watch till the end you can see)
one from this site: s10's very long write-up (looks big and located in truck/hatch area)
another linked from this site: Smack's Booster (compact and recommended location under hood)
06-19-2008 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
basketthis69 Offline

RE: which hho to build?
about 30 people looked, but still only one vote and no opinions/discussion yet....

I personally am thinking about going with the Smack's Booster as it looks to be pretty safe, cheap, compact, and a reliable design. But let me get this straight, you control the amps depending on the amount of electrolyte you add to the mixture?
06-20-2008 06:21 AM
fordsohc46 Offline

i am currently trying a mason jar with a four swich plate design it seems to make a lot of gas but gets pretty hot.
06-20-2008 07:13 AM
jksav7 Offline

Find a way to build yourself a closed bath series cell generator. It will be so much better in the long run than these.
06-20-2008 09:18 AM
basketthis69 Offline

fordsohc46 Wrote:i am currently trying a mason jar with a four swich plate design it seems to make a lot of gas but gets pretty hot.

I am interested in how that will go. They don't recommend using glass much, but I've seen it done.

jksav7 Wrote:Find a way to build yourself a closed bath series cell generator. It will be so much better in the long run than these.

Are you talking about the one like Bob Boyce does? Have you built any yet yourself? Which ones?
06-20-2008 01:15 PM
jksav7 Offline

Bob has his 101 plate cell, and I'm definitely not referring to that one. His 7-cell series cell is the one. You can make variations of it, and Patrick Kelly has diagrams of how to do it in his documents. I haven't started yet. I'm still contemplating how exactly I want to go about it. For sure I will be using .5 inch acrylic sheeting to make the box.

basketthis69 Wrote:
jksav7 Wrote:Find a way to build yourself a closed bath series cell generator. It will be so much better in the long run than these.

Are you talking about the one like Bob Boyce does? Have you built any yet yourself? Which ones?
06-20-2008 01:36 PM
basketthis69 Offline

I'm seeing Patrick Kelly's writeup on the 12v series cell. It doesn't have much in way of description or material supply list. It also seems that running it in a vehicle that I would need to wire up something like 11 cells for it to be effective. I appreciate the input. I think as of now, I'm pretty convinced by the Smack's Booster design. I may change my mind after testing and before deciding to actually install it.
06-20-2008 03:40 PM
colchiro Offline

How about one of these cells?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-20-2008 03:56 PM
basketthis69 Offline

^^^ interesting... The Mr. G project right?
06-20-2008 09:37 PM
jksav7 Offline

You're right that he doesn't have a supply list, but you should be able to figure it out if you've built a generator before. I don't understand why you think you'll need 11 cells. 7 should do the trick.

Actually, it would probably be a good experience to build the Smack booster first (to get your feet wet), then move on to better, more efficient designs.

basketthis69 Wrote:I'm seeing Patrick Kelly's writeup on the 12v series cell. It doesn't have much in way of description or material supply list. It also seems that running it in a vehicle that I would need to wire up something like 11 cells for it to be effective. I appreciate the input. I think as of now, I'm pretty convinced by the Smack's Booster design. I may change my mind after testing and before deciding to actually install it.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2008 09:49 PM by jksav7.)
06-20-2008 09:48 PM