Poll: Which HHO cell/chamber to be built?
one from the video linked to youtube with demonstration
s10's big one with larger plates and tank
Smack's Booster with small chamber and smaller plates with acclaimed procuctivity
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
which hho to build?
basketthis69 Offline

RE: which hho to build?
jksav7 Wrote:You're right that he doesn't have a supply list, but you should be able to figure it out if you've built a generator before. I don't understand why you think you'll need 11 cells. 7 should do the trick.

Actually, it would probably be a good experience to build the Smack booster first (to get your feet wet), then move on to better, more efficient designs.

HAHA! I think I need to build one first, because I think I could figure it out, just don't want it to be my first one and get discouraged.... Somewhere in the text I was reading that you would need to have 11 cells in series for it to be effective.

I saw that the Smack Booster's ideal output would be around 1.2-1.7 at top output. What does one of these series cell designs output ideally.
I was also reading that Smack's and others were bad designs and inefficient compared to the series. It lists many reasons but among those reasons are small design, small space, one cell, using a PVC material, and I think just the design of the cell itself was blamed for some of the low output.

Do you think it would be possible to build this series cell design on the first try? I'm really interested in the difference of output compared to others...
06-21-2008 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

You definitely could build this series cell on the first try, but that would depend on your mechanical skills. I know when I first got started in this I was wide-eyed and didn't have a clue. The Smack booster was a little challenging at first. Now, the Smack booster is (yawn) easy. I'm ready to move on.

Bob Boyce has a 7-cell series cell using 8 6"x6" plates. It produces .4 LPM at 2.5 amps, which is quite good. That means it should potentially do 1.6 LPM at 10 amps.

Yes, the Smack cell is an open-bath design. Bob's series cell is a closed-bath design. Open-bath designs are not condusive to good efficiency due to the parasitic voltage problem that involved.

basketthis69 Wrote:HAHA! I think I need to build one first, because I think I could figure it out, just don't want it to be my first one and get discouraged.... Somewhere in the text I was reading that you would need to have 11 cells in series for it to be effective.

I saw that the Smack Booster's ideal output would be around 1.2-1.7 at top output. What does one of these series cell designs output ideally.
I was also reading that Smack's and others were bad designs and inefficient compared to the series. It lists many reasons but among those reasons are small design, small space, one cell, using a PVC material, and I think just the design of the cell itself was blamed for some of the low output.

Do you think it would be possible to build this series cell design on the first try? I'm really interested in the difference of output compared to others...
06-21-2008 09:42 AM
Jinjiro Offline

I think I am going to start with a Smacks due to the relatively easy design, and then go forward from there. The best way to learn for me is by doing, so I'm hoping to have a stronger grasp of the concepts after starting with something basic.
06-21-2008 02:24 PM