Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wide band EFIE
Gerald Bentley Offline

wide band EFIE
I recently purchased a Deluxe EFIE only to find when I hooked it up that the voltage varies widly and adjusting it doesn't seem to do anything I have rechecked all the connections and they are as wiring diagrams show they should be. I rechecked the wires coming from the O2 sensor and I have 5 wires. Is this a wide band sensor and if so can I exchange this deluxe sensor for a wide band sensor?. jerry
01-17-2009 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: wide band EFIE
The 5 wire o2's (usually found on Dodge and Jeep) are compatible with both efies, but should work better with the wide band version. If you hadn't installed it you would have be able to return for the one you want.

Give Mike or Bruce a shout and find out which wire you need to connect to or check out the 5 wire efie posts.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2009 02:41 PM by colchiro.)
01-17-2009 02:39 PM
mike Offline

(01-17-2009 02:25 PM)Gerald Bentley Wrote:  I recently purchased a Deluxe EFIE only to find when I hooked it up that the voltage varies widly and adjusting it doesn't seem to do anything I have rechecked all the connections and they are as wiring diagrams show they should be. I rechecked the wires coming from the O2 sensor and I have 5 wires. Is this a wide band sensor and if so can I exchange this deluxe sensor for a wide band sensor?. jerry

Yes, 5 wires definitely indicates a wide band sensor. However, the EFIE you have will work on the 5-wire type. I think you must have an incorrect wire for the voltage to be changing on the efie. Connecting to the current wires will cause this voltage variation, and will also cause your sensor to not work properly.

Check out this article: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/wbo2.html . This will help you find the signal wire. You have 2 heater wires and 2 current pump wires. The current pump wires will be either somewhere around 2.5 to 3 volts, with one of them being about .3 volts higher than the other. You don't want to cut into these. The last wire will be the voltage wire, and it will vary in voltage directly as changes occur to the air/fuel ratio. This is the wire you want to cut into to install the Dual EFIE Deluxe. To test for this wire, you should measure it while goosing the engine. You should see the voltage go up significantly when you goose the engine, and then settle back down.

While we now recommend our new Wide Band EFIE for all wide band sensors, the old style EFIEs will work on 5 wire wide bands. But you have to be sure to identify the correct wire.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 07:54 AM by mike.)
01-19-2009 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tanahiro Offline

finally one thing for our cars. good men. a think i can used this one in my toyota camry.
01-23-2009 07:28 PM
mike Offline

Hi tanahiro,

This goes back a ways. Did you have a 4-wire wide band sensor? I think I recall some time ago trying to help you with it, and at that time, we didn't have much luck. Am I remembering correctly?

Yes, we were very frustrated trying to help people with wide band sensors. We worked a long time to get the solution finally worked out, tested and perfected. I'm very happy to now have it solved with our new Wide Band EFIE. These devices exceeded all of my expectations.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-26-2009 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Mike, you were helping tanahiro when I first arrived here.Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-26-2009 02:10 PM
tanahiro Offline

yes my friend, after trying with everything to control my system i almost give up, but now i enter to the forum to see if something new happen and yes finally something good happen. i still have the other two efie that i bought to you in the same box. if you let me we can make a trade. i still have my system install a dry cell.
i have a question, do i have to remove the afr extended to install the wide band efie?

thank you to be part of the change.
01-26-2009 05:27 PM
colchiro Offline

If you have not installed your efies and they're in like new shape, email Bruce. (Haven't you had them for a year?)

The wide band efie installation is described in my "documents" link. It involves just connecting one wire to your AFR, not cutting of wires is required. Easy and easy to remove.

Rick

01-26-2009 06:45 PM
tanahiro Offline

yes. is still new and in the same box that was sent it. i bought it before we know that it doesnt work in the camry. and you know with the, tomorrow i"ll send it , i never sent it back.

but i want to know if, do i have to remove the afr extender to install the wide band efie?
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2009 12:17 PM by tanahiro.)
01-27-2009 02:38 PM
tamlehuynh Offline

Hi i new on forum needs help i buy the wide band efie for my honda acc 2006 and put the white to the signal from a/f sensor the voltage is 1.75 with no result i changed to an other [power line] 2.15 voltage the car dump more gas so i dont know with way right to connect i email to Bruce but no reply to me (i have scan gauge 2 ) please help me thanks
03-03-2009 08:52 AM