Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wide band EFIE
colchiro Offline

RE: wide band EFIE
(01-27-2009 02:38 PM)tanahiro Wrote:  do i have to remove the afr extender to install the wide band efie?

Probably desirable, but not necessary. Many of the extenders do not make a good seal and will leak exhaust.
(03-03-2009 08:52 AM)tamlehuynh Wrote:  Hi i new on forum needs help i buy the wide band efie for my honda acc 2006 and put the white to the signal from a/f sensor the voltage is 1.75 with no result i changed to an other [power line] 2.15 voltage the car dump more gas so i dont know with way right to connect i email to Bruce but no reply to me (i have scan gauge 2 ) please help me thanks

Have you read the install documentation? http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/afr_efie_install.html

Where are you connecting to your o2 sensor, at the sensor under the hood, or somewhere else?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2009 02:47 PM by colchiro.)
03-03-2009 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01olds Offline

Sad RE: wide band EFIE
HI this information is new to me ( the wide band 02 censor) is this the subject...any way i think i have the regular one 02 censor stock...is their a better one..called wide band. i not sure at this point...are some one saying the wide band work better than stock 02 censor ..or is this an improved EFIE that work with the wide band * maybe some of you correct me please.... i sure glad some of you have the resourses and equiptment to do these test.... thanks don... HI thanks for the clearfication. (in post 13) appreciate that much thanks again don
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2009 04:14 PM by 01olds.)
03-27-2009 09:41 AM
colchiro Offline

You have to use the efie designed for the o2 sensor that comes with the vehicle, they are not interchangeable. There are some aftermarket WB sensors that have an adapter that can connect to an ecu that's designed for narrow band, but they are quite expensive and I don't know if they work any better for our application. AFAIK, only the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep 5 wire o2 is compatible with both and the wb efie is the best choice for that. Other 5 wires o2's may also work with the wb efie, depending on what the 5th wire does.

Wide band is more accurate and able to control things better. Also, a wideband efie/wideband o2 combination is better able to control the mixture than the narrow band equivalent, apparently since the ecu trusts it more.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-27-2009 12:46 PM
drive-h2o Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VAQMFCY...ata_player
09-20-2012 02:35 PM