Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wideband testing in toyota camry.
tanahiro Offline

wideband testing in toyota camry.
hi friends.

this is my testing regarding to my wb oxygen sens. in my Toyota Camry 2002 4cyl.

my first test consist in check the blue cable and the white cable to see what was the volt in each one.
the blue wire was 3.30 volt in normal use
the white wire was 3.0v same use. all result was with the car already hot. this values are correct regarding by book.

Something very interesting happened when for error i forgot to install the one-way valve in the electrolyzer. i have it connected in two areas, one line in the intake vacuum line from the t body. and the other is connected in the air intake, both with one way valve. But something is very interesting when i remove the valve from the air intake. First the check engine start on with P0171 code that is running lean. second the measure of the oxygen sensor went high. blue goes to 3.38 and the white in 3.04 to 3.08v.
i didn't see any change when i accelerate the car.

i make a drive test for a few minutes and the car register 30mph in city. i think is good. i think Camry in new condition is around 22mph in city 26 combine.

but i don't know what can i do, i want to know what can i do with the p0171 code on. is this is normal with this connection? anybody have this connection with the electrolyzer. any suggestion.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2008 10:16 AM by tanahiro.)
03-01-2008 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: wideband testing in toyota camry.
Check valves sometimes cause trouble with HHO supply. I've heard of this before.

As to the trouble code, a lean condition is what we expect to see when you hook up an HHO supply. It sounds like the ECU is trying to "correct" for it but is unsuccessful.

Have you attempted to use the EFIE yet? I can't tell if the results of this test are with or without the EFIE.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-01-2008 12:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tanahiro Offline

this one was without efie. i have a wideband oxygen sens. i think efie is not for wideband. but i am thinking to use it.
03-01-2008 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I think it's worth a try. Try it at low setting (.100 or less) on the 3.3 volt signal wire. I'm not sure if it will work properly or not, but it might just solve the problem you have with the trouble code. However, if that doesn't improve, then turn the EFIE off. That will reconnect the wb sensor and take the EFIE out of circuit.

On the other hand, I don't see why it won't work. I don't recall if you have a separate air/fuel gauge for that car. Do you? It would be great to see what happens to the air/fuel ratio as you do these tests.

Please let me know how it goes, if you give it a try.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-01-2008 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply