Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wiring
shotttter@yahoo.com Offline

Shy wiring
I have 2 wires on my oxygen sensor and its narrrow band. When I check the wire on muti meter I get a reading of .9 but only .9 there are no fulcuations between .2 and .9 like in the video, only, plain .9 Please help me on this matter. Brad
06-29-2009 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: wiring
Going to need a lot more info on this one.... What vehicle? How many miles on the o2 sensors? Are you measuring this with the vehicle running and warmed up? Is your meter set to volts DC?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-30-2009 03:38 AM

My vehicle is a mazda B2200, 4cyl, fuel Injection 1992 and the sensor has about 40,000 miles on it with an extender. Yes, it was warmed up and running and it was set to volts DC. Thanks, Brad.
06-30-2009 06:10 AM
AlexR Offline

What sort of multimeter are you using? if you have a sub $20 meter it could be the problem. The 02 sensor could be doing its thing, but your multimeter is reacting too slow to show a change. Do you have a friend you could borrow another meter from?

I'd try to borrow another one before possibly buying another

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
06-30-2009 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

I borrowed the multmeter from a friend as matter a fact and used two of his digital expensive ones. Thanks. Still looking, Brad
06-30-2009 05:54 PM