Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wrap
ran440 Offline

wrap
Looks like my new design will have neutrals in it. So now I need to figure out what to wrap the plates with.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy
10-31-2008 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: wrap
Here I come to save the day!!

I have explored the wide uses for wraps and I have found one that is very cheap and efficient. It's called heat shrink wrap TAPE. Don't forget the tape part, it's important!! It's just like heat shrink tubing, except for it comes in a HUGE roll for a cheap price. I found my 4"x150' (yes, feet) roll for $24 online. You can do a search on the forums for Dr. Shrink and you might find my post on where to ind it. If not, go online and look for it, but it shouldn't cost a lot of money. Yay for finding good deals and I hope this helped! Big Grin Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-03-2008 09:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
retmil46 Offline

You can also try this website I came across - http://www.cableorganizer.com . Heat shrink tube in up to 4" diameter, heat shrink material in tape form, heat shrink wrap tape, silicone rubber self-bonding wrap tape rated for up to 500 F, etc.

Mitchell Oates
Mooresville NC
'87 MB 300D Turbodiesel
'05 Jeep Liberty CRD (Common Rail Diesel)
11-04-2008 07:44 AM
ran440 Offline

Sweet. Thanks guys.
11-05-2008 04:14 PM
sdom001 Offline

I use wide rubber bands they work great and they are cheap.
11-10-2008 07:18 AM
donnyonee Offline

can someone explain wraps to me? i dont understand.
thanks
don

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-11-2008 11:57 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

donnyonee Wrote:can someone explain wraps to me? i dont understand.
thanks
don

Howdy! Thanks for jumping on the forums, I hope you learn a bit here! Quick question before I answer yours though. What are those leads made from? It looks like maybe a skinny SS bolt that you just bent a bunch? It looks very interesting!

First of all, we usually call wraps "wrapping the cell." This means that we are taking the generator and putting some sort of sealant around the outside of it so current doesn't bleed through. In my case, I use heat shrink wrap. Think of it as doing heat shrink tubing to a really big wire. The blue stuff in the picture below is that heat shrink wrap tape I mentioned before:

[Image: CIMG4807_1.jpg]

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

11-11-2008 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
donnyonee Offline

10-24 stainless all thread, ill have to get some shrink something.
11-11-2008 01:33 PM
dogman Offline

I have found something that turns out was very cheap for me (FREE). A local marine dealer had some scrap pieces of the material they use to wrap boats with during transportation. I used a hot air gun to shrink it around the plates and at this point I think it will work. And did I mention it was FREE. Oh ya, I did. It goes well with the FREE CPVC scrap piece of pipe a plumber had. Unforunately, I had to buy all the fittings.

Doug
2003 Buick Lesabre Limited
3.8L V6
Minot, ND
12-06-2008 08:51 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

dogman Wrote:I have found something that turns out was very cheap for me (FREE). A local marine dealer had some scrap pieces of the material they use to wrap boats with during transportation. I used a hot air gun to shrink it around the plates and at this point I think it will work. And did I mention it was FREE. Oh ya, I did. It goes well with the FREE CPVC scrap piece of pipe a plumber had. Unforunately, I had to buy all the fittings.

Awesome, free is the best for us as long as it works well! Isn't that stuff just another form of a HUGE vinyl covering that people use for decals and full body jobs (advertising)? If it is, it's pretty thick and VERY strong, so great find! Hopefully it resists the heat that the gen creates and doesn't peel off easily (biggest problem with wraps).

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

12-07-2008 04:06 PM