Fuel-Saver Forums

Full Version: Ford Ranger on HHO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey all! I am real excited to say I have a Smack Booster built and producing HHO. I dont seem to be getting close to what I have seen others like Electrik get out. I use distilled water and NaOH. One teaspoon per 32 oz. I have a nice setup but still not the results I was hoping for. If I hook it up to a battery charger on the bench it produces awesome on the 75amp charge setting. I know way too much but its fun to try. On the two amp setting it produces fair but need to know if I should go with another setup before actually installing it on my truck? I see alot talking about the series cells. Oh and that Wulfram cat seems suspect to me. 89 mpg?!? I dont think that is even halfway possible. But if it is then My little 2.3L should get close to that. Go Fords! I guess the next thing is to try it out on my truck. WHo else has a Ranger? Anybody?
When testing the Smack booster make sure you have enough NaOH to run it at 20 amps when hooked up to the vehicles charging stystem (close to 14 volts). That will give you an idea whether or not your gas production is where it should be.

Having said that, most people here seem to get better results running around 10 amps current draw. My Smack unit after three days of conditioning only put out 1.1-1.2 LPM at 20 mps. I'll eventuall have to test it again to see if it has improved.

Wulfram's results are spectacular. Most people can expect around 30%. Some do better and some worse.
What is the best way to adjust your amps? By adding or subtracting NaOH in the solution? Do i need an ammeter?
Yes and Yes.

dirty273 Wrote:What is the best way to adjust your amps? By adding or subtracting NaOH in the solution? Do i need an ammeter?
dirty273 Wrote:What is the best way to adjust your amps? By adding or subtracting NaOH in the solution? Do i need an ammeter?
also you can test the lpm using an inverted litre bottle filled w/ h20 in a deep pan filled w/ h20 stick the gas tube in the bottle time it when you start making gas and stop in 1 min.see how much h20 it displaced.
I have a 94 four cylinder 2.3l Ford ranger (actually Mazda B2300... same as the ranger) that gets 28 mpg now. I am building a booster now and I am wondering if anybody in this thread has had success or otherwise with the ford ranger?

Dirty273, Have you made any more progress? Any gains?

Gomelesose
Well i have not installed on my truck yet. Trying to get a design that I dont have to maintain as much. I am currently building a series cell design. I will update when I get it done.
Where are you guys locating your cells? My 04 Ranger has minimal space under the hood.
Anyone?
Jimbobiker Wrote:Anyone?

Wish I could help you, but I have a 4 cyl. without A\C and P\S that has tons of room on both sides of the engine.

You could mount the generator in the back of the truck and just run the HHO supply line back to the engine.

Gomelesose
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's